Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Little Pony party

Obviously there is currently a My Little Pony obsession going on this house. I'm not even sure obsession can cover it. It's My Little Pony EVERYTHING around here (and even the little man is in on it). On top of Sophie being Twilight Sparkle for Halloween, we had a My Little Pony birthday party for her this weekend. Instead of ordering ALL my little pony stuff and spending a million and one dollars, I did most of the decor/activities myself. (So I might be exaggerating slightly about the million and one dollars, but that stuff is EXPENSIVE).

I did order the Pinky Pie pin the cutie mark on the pony game (it cost $6 on Amazon Prime), and I ordered the 8 count My Little Pony party set. It came with 8 napkins, 8 cups, 8 plates, and 1 table cloth (it cost $17 on Amazon). For the rest of plates/cups/tablecloth, I decided to to just go with purple and pink (since it went with the pony theme nicely). 

The birthday banner I made myself with some colored construction paper and glitter foam leftover from making her Halloween costume. It took maybe 15-20 minutes total to make, and saved $$ since I had everything already. 

For the photo backdrop I tried to replicate Rarity's boutique. I used a trifold board, some purple scrapbook paper and glitter scrapbook paper, and pink wrapping paper, and colored washi tape. I think it turned out well, and the most expensive part was the trifold boar. Altogether it cost me less than $15 to make. For the photo props I downloaded a my little pony set from http://www.amandakeyt.com/. It cost $4.99 and was an instant download. Plus you get a ton of stuff! I just used one of our stools with a sheet over it for the kids to sit on. 

The other  game was Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack's pony races. I set up a few cones and the kids weaved in out and of the them to wall. The really just enjoyed running around randomly, but the point is that they had a ton of fun. The other activity was Twilight's bookmark corner, where they could color their own "bookmark". I wasn't sure that would be a hit, but it was probably the most popular area!

For goodie bags I got a $5 bag of bling rings, ring pops, and $5 bag of star sun glasses, plus some bouncy balls. The kid's loved it, and they also got to "adopt" a pet at Fluttershy's pet adoption before they left. I made up some adoption certificates for the parent's to fill out. (I figured that was way better than a TON of cheap junk.)

For the food I kept it simple, we had Rainbow's rainbow fruit platter, Fluttershy's bunny food, Rarity's fancy tea sandwiches, Pinky's party treats, and Twilight's mystery brew (purple Hawaiian punch). I made the cake myself. It was supposed to have Twilight on it (and I made a PERFECT twilight, but I messed it up transferring it). I think it still turned out great though.
All the signs I made myself on http://www.picmonkey.com/. I love that site!!

No comments:

Post a Comment