Friday, November 20, 2015

Packers burlap wreath

So forever ago I bought a wire wreath with the intention of making a burlap Packers wreath for football season. As it turns out, I had a harder time finding burlap locally than I thought I would. After a year, I finally decided to order online. I have finally started making my wreath after over a year of planning it.

I am not really go into a huge tutorial for this, mainly because I didn't think to actually focus on how I did it, while I was doing it. I will give you the general idea though. I actually started, and redid the wreath about 5 times before I found a system I liked and kept it up. I just weaved the burlap and fabric back and forth, you pull it through and make the loops however big or small you want them. I ended up using this tutorial as the general basis behind my wreath (pretty obviously it was only the general thought behind mine, but it is a good start).I alternated between burlap and Packers fabric. Once I was satisfied with the look/fullness I hot glued the loose ends down on the back side (this probably isn't necessary, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't fall apart right away). My original plan had been to use only burlap on the wreath and then use the fabric to make bows and hot glue them. When I started making the wreath I changed my mind and just used one large fabric bow at the top.

Things you need:
2-3 rolls of burlap ribbon (I ended up using 2.5 rolls, they were 15 ft each)
Packers fabric (I don't really have an estimate on how much, since I used scraps that my sent that had been left over when she made Bret's bedding)
scissors
hot glue gun
extra fabric or ribbon if you want a bow
Once I finally got the hang of it, and found a rhythm I liked, it only took about 30 minutes. I am very happy with it, and it has already replaced the wreath that has been sitting on the door since last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment