Thursday, July 30, 2015

Getting back on track

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit, we had family in town for a few weeks. Whenever you have visitors or go to visit someone routines change. It's pretty inevitable. You eat differently (more eating out, or maybe less eating out), you are out and about sightseeing, shopping, and doing other things. 

My family left earlier this week and we are trying to get back into our normal routines. We were out and about so much that the kids rarely napped during those 2 weeks. I also didn't go to the gym once while my family was here (though we did do a lot of walking). We ate out way more often than normal, and the kids ate way more junk food than normal. I wasn't cleaning as much because we were always gone. 

Now we are struggling to get back into the routine we had, and it has not been as easy as I thought it would be. My husband went back to work today (which I am sure was rough, since he was on night shift before leave and now he is working during the day in much hotter weather). The kids started somewhat taking naps again, and I got back into the gym yesterday bright and early at 5 am. Today I have been getting the daily cleaning done, and I am realizing that it is going to take time to adjust back to our normal routine.

In attempt to help with this I have been planning more than usual. I have the entire month August meal plan done, I have my workout plan done and written down, along with my cleaning plan. I have set some short term and long term goals for myself to help stay motivated. My long term fitness goals are to lose inches and 20 lbs by Jan 1. My August goals are to cut as much sugar from my diet as possible and to go to the gym at least 5 days week. While I was pretty good about going to the gym before family came, I was slacking on the eating healthy and now I am revamping my workout/eating plan to take care of that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment