Thursday, July 9, 2015

New recipe wins

If your family is like mine, trying new recipes is really hit or miss. My son and my husband can be very picky eaters and aren't really big on trying to new things. My husband especially doesn't like when I just change up the way I make a specific thing. 

I have been hesitant on trying to new recipes, but I felt like we were eating the same 4-5 meals over and over and over again. To be honest I was getting really sick of it, and knew it was time to change some things up. In my meal planning I still incorporate the favorites (lasagna, tacos, jambalaya), but I have been making a lot of new things, or changing up old things (Tex Mex bowls, instead of plain old tacos like usual). Most of been immediate hits in this house (which is a pretty big deal for us), and only a few have not been loved.

So, I figured I would share some of the biggest hits that we have found recently. Most of these recipes are simple, and most take less than an hour to make. This is a big thing for me, since I am usually multitasking while cooking dinner and we usually have a lot going on, so taking over an hour (unless it's in a crock pot) is just not feasible. 

First is the change up for tacos: Tex Mex bowls. I use minute brown rice to make this quick and painless. Kids loved it, I loved it, hubby even liked it (even though it changed his normal meat and cheese only tacos). Tex Mex Bowls That is the link to the recipe. Easy and quick (if you use minute rice). 

Next is Chicken Parmesan Bake. Delicious, this is definitely being put in the recipe rotation  and the family cookbook (a little project I am working on). Everyone loved this one and it's fairly simple and straight forward. Chicken Parmesan Bake

Filipino Pancit: AMAZING!!! We are fairly diverse in our food choices, we eat pretty much all types of food. We had this at a friend's going away party a few months ago and LOVED it. I searched for a recipe, and decided to try my hand at making it myself and we were NOT disappointed. Bret ate all of his dinner for the first time in a while, and asked for seconds and devoured that too. Filipino Pancit

Smothered meatballs and marina: OMG!!! I made this and served it over whole grain spaghetti, and it was like heaven. The only problem is that there didn't seem to be much sauce, so I would definitely add more of that next time, but it was amaze balls. Best way to eat Italian style meatballs, hands down. Smothered Meatballs and Marina

The last recipe I will share with you for today is Cajun chicken alfredo. This was easy, quick, and a delicious variation of alfredo pasta. It is creamy with just the right amount of kick. An added plus to this meal is that it's all done in one pot. Less dishes anyone?  Cajun Chicken Alfredo


No comments:

Post a Comment