Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Birthday Interviews

I came across this idea before my oldest was really old enough to answer the questions, but I thought it was not only adorable, but that the book of interviews would make either a great 18th birthday or graduation gift. You ask your child the same set of questions every year on their birthday. It's really fun to see how the answers change (or don't) throughout the years.
The best age to start is 3-4 (when they can actually answer questions). We started at 3 with both kids, unfortunately my husband accidentally deleted the document with Sophia's 3 year interview, so her book will start with her 4 year interview. I love asking the questions not only to see how the answers to change, but sometimes the answers totally surprise me because they don't say what I expect them to say.
I remember a few of Sophia's answers from the one we lost. She wanted to be Lightning McQueen when she grew up. Her favorite place to eat was at the table. He best friend was Adam.
Put them together into a book when they are 18. I am also going to be taking first day of school pictures every year with a cute little chalk sign with age, date, and a few fun facts. The book will be all their birthday interviews and all their first day of school pictures. Hopefully this year will mark Sophie's first year of preschool (fingers crossed, we are still waiting to hear if she got in).

No comments:

Post a Comment