Friday, August 14, 2015

Sophia's 5th My Little Pony Party (plans)

Today I am working on plans for Sophia's 5th birthday (we are about a month and a half out from it right now). I figured since I have spending most of my time working out the plans/details, I would share it with you (I will do another post later on with pictures to show the finished party). I am quickly realizing that this is going to be quite an undertaking. We are having a My Little Pony party, with the focus on Sophie's favorite, Twilight Sparkle. I am doing most of the stuff myself, so a lot of planning and searching for what I need is going into this party.

Yesterday I did order some basic supplies (My Little Pony themed plates, napkins, cups, and a tablecloth). However they are a bit prices and the set I bought only comes with 1 tablecloth and dinnerware for 8, I don't even have a full guest list yet and we are already at about 15. My plan is to buy colored silverware/dinnerware and tablecloths in pony colors (light pink, light purple, light blue, yellow, etc.). 

There will be a few Pinky's Party Games to kick the party off:

Pony cornhole: I am going to make this with plyboard, 2x4's and paint. I will post a tutorial for it once it is completed. I plan on making the bean bags with the different "cutie marks" on them.

Pin the cutie mark on the pony: This game I actually purchased from amazon for $7 with prime free shipping. I knew from my last attempt at making a pin the tail on a pony game that I kind of suck at it (since I can't really draw). I figured I splurge on this game.
Next we have Rainbow Dash and Applejack's Pony Race.
I'm making felt pony ears and tails for the kids to wear while racing through cones. There will be prize bags (candy and temporary cutie mark tattoos) for all the kids.

Rarity's Photo Boutique is where they can get all their pictures taken. 
A trifold poster-board decorated to look like Rarity's boutique will be the background, with a plush cushioned stool (made to look her chaise) for the kids to sit on). I order photobooth props from photo props (click the link to go the page, she has a ton of themes and most are only $4.99). It's a downloadable file, so no shipping required. Just print and attach to a stick.
Twilight's Corner will have blank My Little Pony bookmarks for the kids to color and take home.
Instead of goodie bags, we are having Fluttershy's Adopt-A-Pet. The kids will get to pick their own pet (stuffed animal), and I am going to make some blank printable birth certificates for the kids to fill out with the pet's info. 

As far as food goes we will have Pinky's Party treats (multicolored macaroons, pink muddie buddies, pony themed cupcakes, and of course the Twilight Sparkle cake). I am attempting to do the cake myself, so I will be doing a few trail runs before hand. We will also have Applejack's apple snacks (apple slices with a few homemade dips), Fluttershy's bunny food (veggies with ranch dipping sauce), Rainbow's fruit tray, Twilight's punch (a purple fizzy punch), Pinky's lemonade (pink lemonade), and Rarity's tea party sandwiches. 

I am also planning on making a balloon rainbow backdrop behind the food table. I will also be making a few other decorations myself, a pony colored birthday banner, and some cutie mark wall decorations to bring the whole thing together. 

**I know buying all this stuff instead of doing it all myself would save time and probably stress, but I am really excited about pulling this off for Sophia. I will make update posts as the progress for this party comes along.





No comments:

Post a Comment