Thursday, August 27, 2015

Season of Change

Fall usually means changes. Not only changes in weather and leaves. Kids go back to school, or start school. Routines and schedules change, it's the season of change.

We will have some BIG changes come September. One major one, my awesome hubby is promoting on Sept 1, which means a lot of changes for him, and some for our family in general as well. I am super proud of him, he works really hard and deserves the promotion. I just came from his pin on ceremony, so I'm still beaming with pride.

Another big change for September is that our oldest is starting preschool on the 17th. She has been begging to go to school for a year now, and since her birthday is in October, she misses the cut off for kindergarten. We applied for on base preschool back in April, but there are not many slots and it can be hard to get into. We just got the confirmation in the mail that she got in. Starting the 17th she will be in school 5 days a week from 8-2.

This change is not only a change for her, it is going to change our entire routine. Her brother will no longer be able to nap from 12-3, since we will have to pick her up at 2. It also means they actually have to get up and be productive before 8 am ( this will be a challenge for the younger of the 2). I will let you know how the disruption to the routine works out in a few weeks. I'm sure our son will NOT be on board for the first few days at least, since he doesn't even like to talk to people before 8-8:30 in the morning. 

I am so excited about this for her. I know I will cry her first day, but she wants to go to school so badly, and I am so excited that she is finally getting that opportunity. I literally came home and typed this out right after receiving the letter in the mail. First preschool, she starts flag football in October after her birthday, she is growing up!! (She is nervous about making friends though, since she found out this preschool isn't at the daycare where she knows the kids and teachers. I am sure once she starts, she will do great though. She makes friends very easily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment