Monday, May 18, 2015

Cleaning Schedule

I HATE cleaning. Who doesn't? Unfortunately, it is something that NEEDS to be done. I am pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning and I procrastinate a lot, but I end up hating myself later when it takes me 4 hours to clean the house. Getting the house clean and maintaining it can be very difficult with young kids (I think we are all aware of that), but I recently came across a "cleaning schedule" and decided to give it a try (modified to fit our family). 
(Sorry for the awful picture, we have terrible lighting in our house and this was with iPhone).

There are a few major things that need to be done every day, like dishes, making beds, cleaning counters, and doing 1 load of laundry. Then there are the once or twice things like vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, windows, mopping, dusting, and so on. Breaking it up like this, even just for the last 3 days, my house seems much cleaner and it is much easier to keep it that way. It is way more manageable than trying to do everything in one and spending 4 hours, and giving up. I made this printable and put on my fridge to help remind me what to do for each day.
This might not suit your family needs, but it is fairly easy to modify. The original one that I had seen only had vacuuming the living room once a week, that just won't do for my family. It has to be done AT LEAST twice a week, if not more. The original also had dusting cleaning fans as a monthly item, but we have no fans. I added in cleaning our entry closet (that thing gets to be a disaster way too fast for my liking). I also added things that I like to do every 3-6 months, like shampooing the carpet, cleaning out closets, etc. Remember, this is also more of a guideline of just how to maintain a clean house. For instance, today is Tuesday, but I still vacuumed the living room after vacuuming the couch because the kids destroyed it last night. 

I hope this is as helpful to you as it was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment