Monday, May 25, 2015

Pan roasted eggplant

I always end up making eggplant the same way. It's always breaded and baked with dipping sauce or it's eggplant Parmesan. Those are my only 2 eggplant recipes, I know, super boring! I decided to mix things up last night and go a new way with my eggplant. I was a bit nervous since I have only ever eaten eggplant those 2 ways before. I wasn't sure if it would even taste good, but I was determined to try something new. 

I didn't really even have a recipe, I just kind of made it up as I went. Luckily for me it turned out great and it was super easy and quick. It was a great side for the garlic lemon salmon I made for dinner. All you need is a few spices, a couple eggplants, and some olive oil. 

I cut up the eggplant in 1/2 thick circles. I used 3 eggplants because the eggplants here are fairly small. I took out garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. I measured 1 tsp of the garlic salt, onion powder, and oregano. I only used 1/2 tsp of basil (the garlic salt I use has basil in it already), and 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper. Toss eggplant slices and seasonings in small bowl until eggplant is well coated. 

Warm about 1 tbsp olive oil in pan on medium heat. Once warm add eggplant slices and cook 1 minute on each side. I did this in 2 batches to make sure all of the slices were cooked evenly. Once done cooking you are done. These were awesome with just a tiny kick to them. Even the kids loved them, and they went well with the salmon I had cooked.
Here is the printable version of the recipe. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment