Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cute gifts for hubby

Do you like getting creative with your gift giving? Do you like to give your hubby sentimental gifts? If so, then you are exactly like me. Don't get me wrong, I love buying my awesome husband things that he wants or that I think he would want (like his Packers jacket), but there is just something about putting time into planning out a gift and making it. I won't lie a lot f my homemade gifts are sort of goofy or dorky in nature, but that's us, we are dorks. LOL


 First. The "I love you because" frame.

Sorry the pic isn't the best. This was very simple to make and my husband actually loves it. I change the writing on it (usually something corny or dorky). All you need is a 4x6 or 5x7 frame, some scrapbook paper, vinyl letters, and a dry erase marker. Just cut your scrapbook paper to size (I obviously used a romantic one, since that is what I was going for). Then stick your letters on. I used "I love u" but you could do "I love you because" (I just didn't have all those letters and the craft store was out). Then I wrote a cute reason on it with dry erase. When he opened this on Christmas he LOVED it.

Next up. 52 things I love about you (think 10 things I hate about you...I told you I am a dork and corny).
For this, grab a new deck of cards, a hole punch, and some paper or card stock ( I used computer paper). I made a list so I made sure I had 52 things, then crossed them off as I wrote them on the computer paper, I cut to size. I used clear packing tape to attach the reasons to the cards. Then hole punch them. You don't have to use string to keep them together like I did, you can get creative. This was a stocking stuffer last Christmas and even though it may be corny, he loved it, and most of my "52 things" made him laugh. 

Date night jar (ok, this one is for both of us).
So this is just a mason jar with ribbon, and a ton of Popsicle sticks. The Popsicle sticks are color coded and have either a free at home date idea, a splurge date night idea, or an inexpensive date night idea. We pick one out, depending on what we are looking, average date, at home free, or splurge. Here are some ideas:

Last. These are "love post its". This was part of the 12 days of Christmas I did for him this past Christmas. He loved them so much he put them on the wall next to his side of the bed.
This was for day 11, 11 love post its. These are just nice messages for him. I hid them throughout his work bag and his lunch. Here are some examples of what they say (remember we are dorky): "Enjoy your lunch, hot lips." "You are the best man a girl could ask for." "I'm so glad I met you and that my children call you Daddy." "Your face, I like it." I know, I know, but the face one was his favorite one. He still looks at them all the time, so clearly he liked them.





No comments:

Post a Comment