Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mom Challenge

I don't think anyone would disagree that being a mom is probably one of the most challenging things in life. Kids tend to push all the wrong buttons at all the wrong times. Sometimes it takes everything inside of us not to snap. I know I have not been the best at controlling my anger recently, so when I saw the mom challenge on Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a try. I was going to share the link to it here, but it seems to not be working so, I will just post it.

Day 1: Go the entire without raising your voice.
Day 2: Invite your children to cook with you. Sharing meal prep can be a great bonding time.
Day 3: During book time, read a joke book. Laughing together can be an easy way to connect.
Day 4: When your child is talking today, put everything aside and give them your full attention.
Day 5: Leave notes for them to find.
Day 6: Take your child(ren) for a walk and talk to them about how much you love them.
Day 7: Put on music and have a dance party.
Day 8:  Look through photos and keepsakes together. Let them know that their activities matter to you.
Day 9: Hug, hug, hug, hug, hug.
Day 10: No electronics. Play board games, do crafts, go to the park, do face-to-face things.
Day 11: Make one-on-one time special for each child today.
Day 12: Go in your child's room and play/talk in their personal space. Take notice of how they have personalized their rooms.
Day 13: Switch rolls for an hour. Let them be the parent. 
Day 14: Accept all of your child's emotions as "theirs" without the need to correct them.

Day 1 was a bit hard for me, because I constantly find myself raising my voice, but I got through it, and a lot easier than I thought I would. Day 2, we had plans for going out to eat, so we are moving that to today, Day 3, along with Day 3. We are going to make a treat for after dinner. I am determined to stick it out, and I hope you will try it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment