Thursday, May 21, 2015

No more excuses

Since injuring my knee last summer at my parent's house, I have had to cut back on working out. In December I had to severely cut back because my knee hurt so bad I couldn't even walk without pain. Luckily with some physical therapy and rest, it has gotten better (though not 100%) and my friends have got me back into working out again. Last year when my other half was deployed I lost 25 lbs, but I have gained 15 of that back. I am so glad I have some Mommy friends to help push me in the right direction. I have started going to the gym early in the mornings (no joke, like 4 or 5 am). We started a little park workout group 3x times a week, I have been walking/jogging (only small amounts because of my knee), and going back to water aerobics. While I have not really lost any weight or inches yet, I feel better already.

I know I have a long ways to go, but that's OK. At the beginning of 2014 I weighed 175 lbs, and so far I have not gotten back to that, and I would like to keep it that way. I will say that I don't care to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, I know I hear a lot of people say that, but to be honest, my pre-pregnancy weight was way too skinny. I just want to be a healthier version of myself with a flatter stomach (my baby pooch is my biggest issue).

My down falls in the past have been 1. trying restricting diets, 2. not being able to stay motivated. I learned the hard way why restricting diets don't work. They deprive you of things and after a week or 2, you crash. I just limit the bad things like junk food, carbs, and so on, and try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and lean meats. I allow myself to enjoy junk food every now and then without beating myself over it. Staying motivated has also been hard for me, which is why it's awesome to have a few mommy friends who have the same ultimate goal as me, to lose that excess baby flab.They also do not judge me for eating a cupcake when I shouldn't, because they love cupcakes just as much as I do. I do not push myself to breaking point, because I know that will just make it so much worse for me. I may be slow, and I may only be able to use 10 lbs weights, but I do it. Making excuses was a big thing for me as well, but now I jog/walk around the bike path while the kids play at the park. I go to the gym in the early mornings when my other half is home and the entire house is still sleeping. I do our park workouts while my kids play with their friends. If I can't go to the gym for whatever reason, I still wake up early and do an at home workout with my 5lb dumb bells or my resistance bands. If the hubby isn't at work, I do a flight line walk during nap time (6 miles right there). When he is home on Tuesday and Thursday evenings I go to water aerobics. NO EXCUSES. So even though he is leaving for a class for 3 weeks, I will be still doing park workouts, and laps while the kids play, and taking the kids on my flight line walks, and getting up at 5 am and doing a workout at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment