Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Delicious Chicken Chili (edited with pictures and new ingredient)




*Disclaimer, I don't usually follow recipes, and for things other than baking, I don't really measure.

Here is my recipe for white chicken chili. My family loves this recipe so we make it often.

Ingredients:

1 package boneless skinless chicken (usually it's a little over a pound of chicken, you could probably use other chicken, but I never have)

14-16 oz chicken stock (I use Swanson's lower sodium)

Cumin

Chili powder

garlic powder

cayenne pepper

1 can white corn (you can use regular canned corn if you want, I do if I run out of white corn)

1 or 2 cans green chiles (you could use fresh, they just cost an arm and a leg here)

2 cans Great Northern beans

flour

butter

chicken bullion

1 cup milk 

**New ingredient: 8 oz cream cheese

1. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.

2. Sprinkle cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, and chili powder on top of the chicken. (If you aren't like me and feel more comfortable measuring, it's about 1 tsp per item.)


3. Pour chicken stock into crock pot (again, I don't measure so sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less).

4. Drain beans and corn and add to crock pot.

5. Add green chiles (I don't drain them).


6. This is where I added the 8 oz of cream cheese this last time, added in small amounts then mixed in. This makes it creamier in and delicious
7. Cook in crock pot on low for 4-5 hours.
8. 1 hour before serving,  put about 2 tbsp butter in small sauce pan and melt. Once melted add the same amount of flour. Whisk for about 1 minute. Add 1 cup milk and 1 bullion cube and let simmer on med heat for about 2-3 minutes. 
9. Add that to crock pot and stir well.
10. Cook on low 1 more hour.

We like to top it with a little sour cream and Fritos. We also added garlic greens cut up on top this last time and it added so much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment