Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Easter crafts

We have been doing a lot of Easter coloring lately. I let the kids color a bunch of pages and then we hung them up on door. My door might not look the prettiest, but it is the most festive on our floor. The kids love when I hang their artwork on the front door for everyone to see (I also did it for Thanksgiving and Christmas). I just Google Easter coloring pages, click on images and print off the ones that they like. Then they are free to color them however they want. It's pretty obvious which ones Sophia colored and which ones Bret colored. Bret still pretty much just randomly scribbles with the crayons, while Sophia tries her hardest to make it look pretty.
Another Easter craft we did today we making Easter egg wreaths. I cut out Easter egg shapes in different colored construction paper (they are folded over so you can open them and write in them, but you don't have to do that). I also cut out a wreath shape on a piece. The kids decorated the fronts of the eggs (I helped a little, when they wanted polka dots or squiggly lines). After they decorated them I asked them what are some nice things they can do for others, and what things they really need to work on (ie, listening, not hitting, and so on). We wrote good things, and things they need to work on inside the eggs, then glued them to the wreath. After we were done we talked about why we celebrate Easter and all about how Jesus died for our sins and on the 3rd day he rose again. (Of course Bret didn't really listen to any of that, he just wanted to keep coloring, but Sophia got something from it.)
We hung their wreaths on their bedroom doors. It was a fun way to make the house festive but also learn something.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun :) Can't wait til I can do this kind of stuff with Natalie!

    ReplyDelete