Sunday, April 5, 2015

Cherry Blossoms

It's that time of year again in Japan, yes, cherry blossom season. The sakura are the best thing about spring in Japan (if only they didn't cause crazy allergies in this house). The only sad thing is that they only bloom for about a week, so you really need to take advantage. Last year Daddy was gone during cherry blossom season (boo Daddy), the kids and I still took a day trip to see some cherry and plum blossoms and I got a few pics. 
This year however, I was determined to get some awesome pics of the blossoms and the kids with the blossoms. Daddy was such a trooper, he was exhausted and tired but he took the train with us and walked all over Showa Park so I could get the pics I so desperately wanted. Of course the weather was less than perfect, 70's and sunny all week, then I plan something, and bam...cold and cloudy as sin. No, matter. We got some awesome pics and I have this awesome thing called PhotoShop Elements.
The kids were troopers too, I made them take their jackets off for most of the pictures and in between they could be warm (I had a knee brace on, the stroller, my camera, and I was on a mission). I would NOT be let down. I told the kids they didn't get to play until they posed for the pictures I wanted.
Aren't they just the most adorable pair ever? I swear when we got out we get bombarded. It's those eyes and the light hair. Bret made a girlfriend on our trip, he had a Japanese girl that looked about 12 years old just fawning over him (which happens to him with most girls). He is a little ladies man, but honestly, I don't blame them. I think he is the cutest little man that ever existed. 
Sophie was also a hit with the everyone at the park yesterday. Everyone loves her blonde hair and her pierced ears. She also has been known to pose for their pictures as well as mine, so they love her. Adults give her candy just because she is cute and kids follow her around (even a gaggle of 6-9 year old girls). She loves it because she thrives on the attention.
If you ever get a chance to visit Japan, I highly suggest March/April time frame. The sakura are such a major part of Japanese culture (and Haagen Dazs sakura flavored ice cream is amazing sauce). They are a must see for anyone planning on visiting Japan. #cherryblossomseason






No comments:

Post a Comment