Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Thai basil coconut chicken

Tonight I decided to really change it up and make Thai basil coconut chicken (I learned maybe not make spicy Thai food for the kids, they aren't big fans, but I didn't realize it would be so spicy). I really enjoyed this recipe, but maybe save it for an at home date night with the hubby (if your hubby likes Thai food-mine doesn't).


Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cayenne
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
2 tbsp honey (I like Wild Mountain 100% raw uncooked honey)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup basil leaves (the store was out, so I sprinkle dried basil on it)
salt to taste
rice (you can use whatever you like, I couldn't jasmine rice, I used minute rice this go around because I had some to get rid of)

1. In meduim skillet heat coconut oil. Cut chicken into small cubes and add to hot skillet. Sear on each side for a few minuytes until golden brown.
2. Add cayenne, garlic, ginger, turmeric and stir into chicken. Pour in coconut milk, honey, and apple cider vinegar and simmer. Stir occasionally and simmer about 5 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Add basil leaves and salt to taste. Serve over rice.

Here is an easy printable version of this recipe:






No comments:

Post a Comment