Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Japan Bucket List

We have been in Japan 3 years now, and I have barely made a dent in my Japan bucket list. This last year here, I am hoping to get done as much as possible. Here is my list.
1. Sapporo Snow Festival. I am really hoping we can make it next February, as it will be our last chance to go. I didn't sign up soon enough for this year, so we missed out this time around. It looks like so much fun, tons of snow, ice sculptures, and even more Japanese culture! This is definitely my top thing that I want to do in Japan before we leave.
2. Hiroshima is another fairly big one and we have been saving up to do this in the next few months. There are a few things I want to see in that area. The Hiroshima Peace Memorial is one of them, and the tori that stands in the sea is near Hiroshima.
3.Kyoto and Osaka (especially during cherry blossom season). This one is likely to never happen, but it would be so beautiful if we end up staying until next August. Kyoto is also where the bamboo forest and "Japanese Alps" are.
4. Ogasawara Islands. These islands while considered part of the Tokyo prefecture are actually a 25 hour ferry ride south of Tokyo. Amazing beaches, whale watching, starry night skies,  nothing like the metro area we live in and are used to.
5. Nagaski. What some people the Nagaski arch (it is actually called a tori) that stood standing after the bombs dropped is something I would love to see.
6. Tokyo Skytree, we haven't been yet but we are planning a trip when my parents come to visit us.
7. Tokyo Disney. It is the only Disneyland my husband hasn't been to, in the entire world. The kids and I were supposed to go last February but we had a few freak snow storms back to back and the trip was canceled.
8. Climb Mount Fuji. We have done this, and it was awesome. We will be doing it again this summer when my parents are here. There is an amazing ramen shop at the top. It took us 6 hours up and 3 hours back and it's a 2 hour drive to get there, but so worth it.
#Japantravel


No comments:

Post a Comment