Sunday, April 19, 2015

Movie and game night

So I decided to do something special and fun for the kids this weekend, and have a movie/game night. It was a ton of fun (and we will definitely be doing it at least once a month)!! The kids enjoyed it and I had a ton of fun with it too (poor daddy didn't feel very good, so while he participated, he didn't find it as fun as he would have if he was feeling himself).
We built a blanket fort in the living room to conduct our fun in (apparently I am not that good at building blanket forts, so the hubby did most of it). He did a pretty good job, and the kids were very excited about it. I bought them a new game to play in the fort because I knew they would really enjoy it.
We played My Little Pony chutes and ladders. They loved it, and Bret won every game as Pinky Pie (his favorite pony). After the games we watched Disney movies (because why wouldn't we). The first movie up was Meet The Robinsons (an old favorite of theirs that we hadn't watched in a while). 
The kids thought watching movies in the fort was so much fun. After Meet the Robinsons, Daddy picked Tangled (yes, I am just as surprised as you are, I figured he would pick Lion King or Finding Nemo, not a princess movie).
We had tons of cuddles and it was awesome (Mommy loves her some cuddles). For dinner we had Disney food. First up was Mickey sandwiches.
They had Mickey sandwiches and dipsticks (carrots and celery with ranch) and of course we ate in the fort.
We finished the night with Lion King (my pick) and jello. I wanted to make jello "ice" cubes, but the grocery store didn't have blue jello, so I settled for raspberry.

It was a ton of fun and I think next time we will pick one movie and theme the entire night off of that movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment