Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spaghetti with pork meatballs

Spaghetti with pork meatballs, yum! We haven't had spaghetti in ages it feels like, so tonight I'm whipping up some spaghetti and meatballs (using ground pork instead of hamburger). As I have said many times, I don't usually measure, especially spices, but I will try.


Meatballs
1 lb ground pork (or burger or turkey if you prefer)
2 eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use garlic and herb)
2 green onions chopped
basil (about 1 tsp)
oregano (about 1 tsp)
salt and pepper (to taste)

Sauce
29 oz can tomato sauce
garlic(for powdered I use about 1/2 tsp, cloves I use 3 cloves minced)
onion powder (about 1/2 tsp)
basil (about 1 1/2 tsp)
oregano (about 1 1/2 tsp)
parsly (just a sprinkle, about 1/4 tsp)

I use whole grain spaghetti.

1. Mix meatball ingredients in small bowl and mix with hands. Roll into small balls (about 1 tbsp) and place on greased baking sheet.
2. Cook about 45 minutes until golden brown
3. While that is cooking prepare sauce. Heat tomato sauce on low heat and add all ingredients, stirring occasionally, heat about 15-20 minutes on low. I always taste test to see if it needs more of anything.
4. Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.
5. Serve


No comments:

Post a Comment