Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cinco de Mayo

Since Cinco de Mayo is coming up, I decided to teach the kids about Mexico and the holiday, and put some Spanish into their learning (I like incorporating upcoming holidays into their learning because it makes crafts/activities super easy). I printed off a few things for them to color. The first was just a Cinco de Mayo coloring page that they colored while I talked to them about Mexico and Cinco de Mayo. The second was a map of North America.
I labeled Canda, United States of America, Mexico, and the oceans. I gave them special instructions for coloring, each country and ocean got a specific color. 

After that I created a spanish words/pictures activity because I have learned that having the picture and the word really helps Sophie. I decided what words to teach, got a clip art picture of it and printed it. I printed each word in English and Spanish.
We went over each word (in English and Spanish) 3-4 times that night, and we will keep working on it.

**I'm thinking about doing the last activity with Japanese words to help her learn a little Japanese while in Japan.
**I do these activities with Bret too, but he never really pays attention, and doesn't really follow directions yet, so it's really just busy work to keep him occupied while I work with his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment