Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Busy



Today is the day before Sophie starts preschool. OMG!!She is super excited. She had her student orientation and picture day yesterday. They did their school pictures and then they got tour the class room, and do a little playing. She was super sad to leave, when it was time to go she said, "Are you leaving now?" When I told her we were both leaving she got upset.

After nap time yesterday Sophie and I went to Showa Park and did part of her  5 year photo shoot (I did it a little early so I could take advantage of the perfect weather). We did a Cinderella shoot and it was so much fun! Sophie had a blast, Mommy had a blast, everyone at the park thought she was the most adorable thing ever. She has such personality, I maybe posed her myself a handful of times, and the other 90% was just me capturing her being 110% herself. I started editing those pictures today in between baking 64 cakes for the upcoming festival. (Did you know mixing up batter for 64 cakes takes FOREVER?!? Seriously, I was mixing cake for about 3 hours.) All the counter tops/tables/my desk are covered in cake, whether it be cooked or waiting to go in the oven. The kids were super upset that they don't get to eat all this cake (it would be cake for days up in here).

They were happy, Mommy opened the windows and blasted some music BakeFest 2015 (at least until nap time). Mommy took advantage of Daddy being at work and decided it was Christmas music time! (He has a rule about starting Christmas stuff too soon, but he's not home, so I don't have to follow his rule!) Now I'm enjoying some Christmas movies while the kids sleep and waiting to switch out cakes. I still have a lot of pictures to edit too. (I will say after editing a large amount of photos I totally understand why photographers charge as much as they do. Last night I only edited about 4 and it took me about 2 hours!) It's worth it though, they turned out so well. The second half of her 5 year photos is going to be a glitter photo shoot, but that will be closer to her birthday. I needed a nice day so that she wouldn't freeze/get wet in her Cinderella dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment