Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Getting back on track

It can be easy to get derailed, life happens and things come up. Last year I was doing awesome, working out every day, going to trainer, eating super healthy. I lost about 25 lbs. Then I went on vacation; out come the bad eating habits (can't exactly expect my family to cater to my new eating habits), and the fast food, and everything else that comes with traveling. Then came the knee injury and not being able to do much. When we got back home I kept up those bad habits. 

I tried to get back into the working out, but I was still eating like crap, not much of a change. Then my knee got even worse. After some physical therapy my knee can still hurt (mainly when running or doing extensive leg stuff, like squats). I have been trying to get back into the groove (especially since I have gained ALL the weight I lost back). I have been working 4-5 times a week, but after a month hadn't really seen much of a change. Still weigh the same, haven't noticed much getting smaller. I used to use BodySpace workouts, but unfortunately almost every one of those has things I can't do (like running, jump squats, etc). I have kind of tailored my own leg workouts to what I can do without making my knee hurt (some body-weight squats, leg curls, leg press, leg extension, and others). 

This month I started a 30 day challenge to help with getting back on track and losing some weight. The challenge is :
I am making one exception to this, I committed to doing this before my husband got promoted and this weekend we decided to throw a party for him, so I will be breaking it that day and that day only to help him celebrate. I also decided to commit to no alcohol for those 30 days (aside from hubby's party), and I am adding a day on the end to make up for the day I am cheating.

I have also started buying more lean meats, buying the leaner options for meats that we eat regularly. Also buying more produce (even though our bank account takes a hit on that one).

For October my goal is to limited processed food as much as possible, and find healthier alternatives to my favorite snacks. November the food goal is to eat no refined gains at all that month. December the goal is to not go crazy with holiday treats, and limit it to 1-2 treats per week (I LOVE holiday baking and tend to go overboard and end up eating a ton). My goal is to lose 20 lbs by January, and tone up my muscles (mainly in the midsection). The ultimate goal is to be down 40-45 lbs in the next year or so. It is going to take a lot of work, dedication, and will on my part, but I am getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment