Thursday, September 10, 2015

Turkey sloppy joes

We have had some pretty rainy days lately. I don't know about you, but when it's chilly and rainy I want things like chili, soup, and stew for dinner. They are nice and warming and make up for the gloomy rainy weather outside. I also love to bake when the weather is like this, but I'm on a 30 day eating challenge, so cupcakes and cookies are a no go for me. 

I don't think there is anything better than being in the kitchen cooking/baking while dancing to and belting out some good music. It's probably one of my favorite things to do, I put my playlist on iTunes on the computer, crank it up, and get busy. Plus, on days like that, dancing warms you up. Also, it's perfectly OK to use your mixing spoon as a microphone during a power ballad. 

Last night I was busy in the kitchen. I was mixing up some healthy sloppy joes for the family for dinner, and mixing up some pumpkin cupcakes for my husband to take to work this morning, along with some homemade frosting. 

Today I am going to share with you the delicious sloppy joe recipe from last night. These are made with ground turkey and are delicious! My husband is not a fan of sloppy joes but he liked these (he just said smaller chunks of pepper next time). It says to use red pepper, I used a green one because I cut my red one open and it was all rotten inside. This recipe is pretty quick and easy (easy enough that I was mixing up cupcakes while cooking it). 




No comments:

Post a Comment