Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Football Season

Football season is finally here!! Week 1 is only days away (for those that aren't aware, football season is probably my favorite season). I'm super excited! I am a huge Packers fan and our season opener is against the Bears (football rivalry at it's best). I am that fan that wakes up at 2 am so that I can watch the game (one of the joys of living overseas). 

Even though the Packers will always by my #1 team. Green and Gold until I'm dead and cold! I just like watching football in general. I watch even when they aren't playing, because I like knowing how other player's stats are and where the other teams are in the standing. I like to scout out the other teams to see how we will do against them. 

My husband I started a football card last year and it is honestly HUGE now, I like just going through our binders of football cards and reading stats (really, I could spend hours doing it). I also like just organizing them in general (not sure why, but I do). We have a few kick ass cards including a signed Brett Favre, a gold Aaron Rodgers and a gold Brett Favre. Other signatures we have from the Packers are: Jeff Janis, Jonathon Franklin, Davante Adams, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, and Richard Rodgers. We also have Dion Jordan's auto from the Dolphins. We have a few awesome jersey cards (means they contain a piece cut from an Authentic jersey personally worn by the player in an official game). These cards are usually numbered because they are rare. The Donald Driver jersey card we have is 9/25, meaning there are only 25 in existence and we own the 9th made (the lower the number the more rare the card). We have a Bart Starr jersey card numbered 11/25. We also have jersey cards for James Jones, and Greg Jennings, and Jordy Nelson. We have a Superbowl patch card for Aaron Rodgers. A card we just got today is an old Jets card: Joe Namath numbered 28/99.  We have a lot more numbered cards, but this post would never end if I listed them all. 

I just joined a fantasy football league with a few other Packers fans (my first time playing fantasy football, but I'm pretty excited about it). While I didn't get all of my first choice (obviously Aaron Rodgers was gone in the blink of an eye),  I got a decent team. My QB's are Andrew Luck and Johnny Manziel (bench). My WR's are Dez Bryant, DeSean Jackson, and Brandon LaFell (bench). Running backs are Frank Gore (didn't get any of my top choices for this position), Rashad Jennings, and Ameer Abdullah (bench). Tight ends are Dwayne Allen and Charles Clay (bench). Kicker is Sean Gostkowski (this was my number 1 pick for a kicker). My main defense is the Bills with the Colts as back up. I am still waiting for my waiver for Anquan Boldin and Andre Williams to be approved for my 2 open slots. While this might not be the best line up, now I know what to expect and I will be better prepared for next season and fantasy football. 

YAY football!! My daughter will be playing flag football this year. They start in October and I am so excited for her! The teams are NFL teams, so fingers crossed she gets placed on the Packers!! I might die if she ends up with a Bears or Vikings jersey for flag football. 

No comments:

Post a Comment